We don’t just offer jobs.
We provide careers.
Twin Metals Minnesota is a place you can call home. We are as much a Minnesota company as we are a mining company. All of our team members live and work in Minnesota and take pride in building on the state’s rich mining history. We are passionate about our project – and about doing it the right way, the safe way, the environmentally responsible way. We love it here; our careers and lives are here.
What do we look for in employees? People who can think, people who can
solve problems, people who are flexible and ready to learn. If that’s you,
we’d like to hear from you.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and letter
of interest to David Ulrich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twin Metals Minnesota is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that
values a diverse workforce.
Below find the current job opening:
Director of Water Resources
Reporting to the Vice President of Project Development, the Water Resources Director will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance, and direction to multiple water programs including surface water flow and transport modeling, groundwater flow and transport modeling, and potential impact evaluations as well as manage the key water related components of engineering studies including the ongoing development of the project water balance model (Goldsim), the design of non-contact, contact, and stormwater management structures, and investigation and testing of any water treatment technologies that might be proposed as part of the project design.
- Manage large, diverse consulting team that is developing the project surface and groundwater models and impact predictions
- Coordinate and manage multiple consultants;
- Manage ongoing surface and groundwater baseline characterization, monitoring, and modeling programs;
- Manage surface water and groundwater quality impact prediction programs;
- Manage the ongoing development and optimization of the project wide water balance model;
- Oversee program prioritization and workflow to ensure adherence to program budgets and schedule.
- Provide a key supporting role in future engineering studies:
- Responsible for managing the design of the project water management infrastructure
- Coordinate with project design team regarding pollution prevention and mitigation technologies;
- Prepare and deliver presentations to company management;
- Develop and manage operating and capital budgets for water resource programs;
- Coordinate with all company departments to promote a culture of environmental stewardship and responsibility.
Knowledge and Experience
- 15 years’ experience in the mining or related industry, including at least 5 years of project mgmt.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in geology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, civil engineering, environmental engineering or other relevant discipline;
- Familiar with the complexities and challenges of integrating complex project, surface, and ground water models;
- Demonstrated team player dedicated to environmentally responsible operations;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multidisciplinary technical projects;
The individual must bring a strong ownership attitude, a positive reputation and profile, and the ability to develop relationships with fellow team members as a trusted and knowledgeable advisor in her/his areas of expertise.
Important attributes for this position include the following:
- Strategic, collaborative, ethically-centered, and community-minded leader.
- Display a positive attitude and a creative approach to problem solving and be willing to raise issues and concerns in a constructive manner to the team.
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to meet timelines.
- The individual should be a team player, with an understanding that being a part of a small team requires flexibility and a willingness to take on tasks that may or may not be within the scope of the job description.
- This position will be based from either Ely or St. Paul, MN Twin Metals offices.
Overall remuneration for this position will be to a very competitive standard for this level of position including base salary, annual bonus for performance, and a comprehensive package of benefits.
To apply e-mail resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Twin Metals Minnesota is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce.