ABOUT TWIN METALS
We are a Minnesota mining company focused on designing, constructing and operating an underground copper, nickel, platinum, palladium, gold and silver mining project in the Iron Range region of northeast Minnesota. The Twin Metals Minnesota Project (TMM Project) brings the promise of significant long-term jobs and environmentally responsible economic development for generations in Minnesota.
Twin Metals is a wholly owned subsidiary of Antofagasta plc of Santiago, Chile, one of the top 10 copper producers in the world. We maintain offices in Ely and St. Paul, Minnesota.
To learn more about the Twin Metals project, click here.
At our core, we are as much a Minnesota company as we are a mining company. All of our team members live and work in Minnesota, and take an immense amount of pride in building upon the state’s rich mining history. We are incredibly passionate about the potential our project holds, and about ensuring it’s done the right way.
Every day, we strive to create an open and collaborative environment where all voices matter. This project requires constant, meticulous thinking from everyone involved, but it’s what we love and why we work at Twin Metals Minnesota.
Twin Metals Minnesota is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce.
Vice President of Government Relations
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and based in St. Paul, the Vice President of Government Relations will have the mandate to continue developing and executing a comprehensive strategy and plan to position Twin Metals as an industry leader in responsible mining development in the State of Minnesota, as well as the importance of copper, nickel and PGM as a strategic domestic source for future demand of these metals.
To this end, the Vice President will continue to develop and execute the company’s partnerships with all relevant stakeholders focused on elected Minnesota State and Minnesota’s Federal government officeholders and appointed regulatory agency officials.
The Vice President will work closely with senior management in establishing and carrying out long and short-term corporate strategies so the Company’s relationships with stakeholders and commitments to best practices are managed as a key component of strategic success for Twin Metals.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Immediate priorities include:
- Develop relationships and work with new Minnesota governor, staff and transition teams to effectively communicate TMM’s project information and messaging;
- Same for Minnesota’s DC delegation and state legislators;
- Positively position TMM Project ahead of MPO Filing / EIS process, including regulatory MOU’s, disclosure of detailed project information, media exposure, and public stakeholder education;
Ongoing priorities and focus:
- Serve as key liaison for CEO and senior executives of TMM with consultants’ teams for all government relations.
- Align and coordinate Government Relations with Chilean parent company, Antofagasta PLC.
- Cultivate, build, monitor and support ongoing liaison with elected State and Federal government officeholders and staff as well as appointed regulatory agency officials.
- Serve as principle spokesperson and public face of Twin Metals to locally elected State and Federal officeholders and regulatory agency leaders.
- Assist and support TMM expeditious environmental review and permitting process.
- Engage and direct external consultants as necessary to fulfill specific Federal, State and Community initiatives within project development plan.
- Coordinate Government Relations strategy and messaging with Twin Metals strategic public and media relations for purposes of leveraging positive impacts with decision-makers in the community and regulators at State and Federal levels where possible.
- Represent TMM while attending and speaking at public meetings and make presentations describing project details to public stakeholder groups
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
Candidates for this key role will be seasoned government relations professionals, with strong strategic thinking, likely with 15-20 years’ experience in Minnesota government lobbying. It is highly preferred they have been involved in complex regulatory projects. It will be essential candidates demonstrate skills and accomplishments in their dealings with elected officials, government agencies and communities, in Minnesota, as well as work with NGO’s and other advocacy groups. Overall, the Vice President must bring deep Minnesota roots, strong environmental commitment, a positive reputation and profile, non-partisan, and able to develop a relationship with fellow senior executives as a trusted and knowledgeable advisor in her/his areas of expertise.
SPECIFIC LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE:
- Team Collaborator and Champion
- Values Driven
- Global Thinker
- Develop and Execute Strategy
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Build Community
- Lead in Uncertain Times
- Excellent Written and Oral Presentation Communications
Overall remuneration for this position will be to a very competitive standard for this level of position including base salary, annual bonus for performance, and a comprehensive package of benefits.
Twin Metals anticipates the position start date to be early 2019.
Twin Metals Minnesota is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce – women and minority candidates encouraged to apply for this leadership role.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for any of our current openings, please e-mail your resume and letter of interest to David Ulrich at firstname.lastname@example.org.