Twin Metals Minnesota is dedicated to environmental stewardship and protecting the northeastern Minnesota wilderness. Twin Metals Minnesota seeks input from communities in the Iron Range and across Minnesota and works closely with experts and regulatory agencies to ensure that Minnesota’s treasures will be enjoyed by future generations. Twin Metals offers the sincere commitment that:
- The project will go through a rigorous, thorough and lengthy environmental review by multiple state and federal agencies;
- Environmental permits for water and air will include stringent requirements to perform above state and federal standards;
- Environmental protection will be a design criteria – not an add on – for the proposed project;
- Project updates will be communicated regularly to stakeholders and communities.
Through working with agencies and stakeholders and using technologically advanced and environmentally responsible practices, Twin Metals Minnesota strives to be a leader in environmental stewardship by performing above strict state and federal regulations and community expectations for environmental stewardship.
Minnesota has long been a world leader in developing strict regulatory processes for the development of natural resources. Modern mining is highly regulated, and Twin Metals Minnesota fully supports strict regulations to ensure an environmentally responsible mine. Some of the agencies with regulatory authority over the Twin Metals Minnesota project include:
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Minnesota Department of Health
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Department of the Interior
- U.S. Forest Service
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management