Twin Metals Minnesota is strongly committed to developing an environmentally responsible mine project that performs above state and federal environmental protection standards. Twin Metals Minnesota is building state of the art mining and environmental protection technologies into every aspect of mine development and operation:
- Modern underground mine design will limit surface land impacts and reduce noise, dust and surface vehicular traffic;
- Modern water treatment technologies will ensure state and federal water quality standards are exceeded, promote water recirculation in mine operations and minimize water use;
- Advanced waste treatment technologies will allow for the safe “backfilling” of a significant portion of mine tailings into the underground mine, and the safe storage of remaining tailings in monitored surface facilities;
- Advanced metal processing technologies will significantly reduce air emissions;
- Mining drill sites are being quickly “reclaimed” to their natural state.